Take a break from the desert heat by jumping in the sparkling water at Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area and spend several days exploring this 91-mile-long reservoir. Below the Flaming Gorge Dam runs a mellow stretch of the Green River that’s great for family river floating.
Top 6 Things to Do in Flaming Gorge Country
1. Rent a raft and shuttle for a 1-day self-guided float trip down the Green River.
2. Stake out a spot on the Flaming Gorge Reservoir and fish for record breaking trout, salmon, and bass.
3. Walk the short interpretive nature trails at Sheep Creek (pictured below), Moose Ponds, West Greens Lake and Aspen for an easy enlightening walk through a variety of habitats.
4. Go wildlife watching. Residents include bald eagles, black bears, bobcats, moose, deer, bighorn sheep, pronghorn, otters, elk, and wild horses.
5. Rent a boat at one of three Flaming Gorge marinas and boat the 91 miles of diverse terrains.
6. Paddle kayaks along the Kingfisher Island Loop or Cart Creek
For More Information:
Flaming Gorge Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 122, Manila, UT 84046